Friday, February 06, 2004

Week From Hell

What a Week
I really wanted to just call it all quits. I was so tired of running like a chicken with my head cut off for about 16 hours a day. Finally today I got to the end of the woods...well at least these woods. I'm sure they will start again next week.

The Girl
We talked tonight. I have been praying for her all week and thinking about what had happened. FYI - I called her last week twice. Didn't bother putting this on here. I was intentionally keeping it on the DL. Kinda strange phone calls. They were fun jawkwardward. Not gonna go into it. So all week I have been thinking and talking to people about this reality that we don't even know each other.

I decided I wasn't really interested in a "girlfriend" (I hate that word!) right now. But after some personal thought and persuasion from some peers I decided I could not let the chance to be this girl's friend slip away.

So tonight - we chatted for a while then I told her what I was thinking. I am tired of being nervous when I call her. I don't want to pursue her; I just want a chance to be her friend. Then I told her I wasn't sure how she should respond I just knew I needed to say it. She agreed; she doesn't want a relationship but she is willing to pursue being friends.

I am so happy. She could be an incredible friend and prayer warrior. She is so much fun. Now comes the tough part. How do you become friends with a stranger of the opposite sex and keep it from in any shape form or fashion looking like a date or something that could lead that way? You can't really just hang out one on one. I feel bad inviting her to hang out with my friends she doesn't know. But it would be weird to go hang out with all of hers too. I'm not sure yet the sacrifices that have to be made to build a new friendship that will take work.

We decided to think about it over the weekend. I promised I would pray for her as she did a Disciple Now this weekend. Then I asked her permission to call back Sunday or Monday and we would talk again.

Africa
Got an email. They need some clarification. Got a phone call from James. He walked me through their needs and is ready for me to get there. Looks like September or so is a go. I can't wait to get over there.

I'm tired of writing I quit. Gotta watch Ed and the West Wing. Tomorrow night is probably the last Ed ever. That sux!!