Saturday, February 07, 2004

emotions

I've been spending time thinking about emotions lately. I am not very emotional when it comes to real life. For some reason I have created this idea that when it comes to real life my job is to be strong and rational.


It's strange that I work this way because I am one of the first to get emotional in movies. I cry in about every movie I see – and I love it. Tonight I watched about 10 minutes of "Joan of Arcadia." I started crying at the end. I don't know why, I don't even really know what the show is about.


I have been talking about this some in counseling. We are trying to figure out what is up with my emotions. How are they out of whack? How are they undiscovered or immature? Not sure yet.


Emotion has really amazed me when I don’t know what it is about. A couple movies have caused this type of emotion. When I saw The Hours I got emotional but I didn’t know what the emotion meant or how to explain it. When I saw The Butterfly Effect the same thing happened. I like to understand my emotions. I like to know the answers.


I hope to continue to discover what emotion means and why it comes out. What am I supposed to do with it? I usually look at it as a problem to take care of. I have to transition to see it a part of life I am supposed to experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment