Sunday, February 15, 2004

Monster

I love the movies. Last night Mark, Megan, and I went to see "Monster." Holy Cow what a movie! It was extremely intense. There were some scenes and some language that I would definitely warn people of before I could recommend it. But I definitely recommend it. I love when a movie makes it possible for you to hurt for the "bad guy."


Charlize Theron (who is hot, by the way; but not in the movie) plays a hooker who begins to kill her clients and falls in love on the way. It was amazing. Mark and I talked about it lots last night. There are some amazing challenges for the church in the movie. Christians are shown in a bad light in the movie. The sad thing is I wish the portrayal was incorrect. But it was so dead on the majority of upper middle-class,white, "Christian," America.


The mother of the house got on to the young girl who was staying with them because she brought a street person into the house. "We don't need to be around those kinds of people," she said. Oh don't we though?! We as the body of Christ need to immerse ourselves in the people of the world. We need to be a passionate part of the world that we live in. Christ in us is powerful enough to change the world if we will participate in it.


Great movie!!


Go see it and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment