Wednesday, March 17, 2004

dinner guest

I had a rather amusing experience last night. It was 8:30 or 9 and I decided to go get dinner. I walked down the street to Chili's too. The place was empty. There was one big table there and all of the workers were off doing busy work trying to not get too bored.


I ordered and sat down to start reading a book and catching up on some phone calls. While I was on the phone with Opie I thought I saw something small run across the floor on the other side of the room. Surely it was just a shadow; I was imagining things as I sat alone in the empty restaurant.


Then suddenly there it went again. Holy cow! There was a mouse running around the floor at Chili's. I had never seen that happen and got a pretty good laugh out of it. I so wish the place had been full so that people would have started screaming and jumping on tables. That would have been great comic relief to my otherwise not so interesting day of playing catch-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment