Wednesday, January 21, 2004

Tonight has been a good night. Jason, Christy, Mark, and I went and saw the Mavs play the Nets. We had a lot of fun as we always do. More and more everyday I am learning the value of good community and the necessity it is in my life. It helps me enjoy life more and it helps me desire to pursue Christ more. I praise God for the community I am able to interact with.

A thought: I recently had a conversation regarding sexual thoughts/actions as a continuum. In the conversation we discussed if there is a point where sexual thoughts turn to lust. If this is true than there is a place on the "line" that is natural and healthy for people to remain even if outside of a marriage relationship. I'm not sure if I agree with the idea or not, but it is an interesting thought.

If it is true than how do we distinguish appropriate thoughts from lust? If it is true why has the idea never been mentioned? Rather we teach young Christians that any sexual thought or act is reserved for marriage alone and is sin outside of that. Perhaps this is a true statement but if it isn't it makes for a lot of guilty teenagers who don't know what to do with natural, appropriate sexual thoughts.

I'm not sure if this entire post makes me look like a sex addict or a pervert. Oh, well. I remember Tony Campolo speaking when I was in high school. He said something about praying prayers that God would remove from him all sexual thoughts and temptation. Then all of the sudden he realized that was a stupid prayer because life would be strange and boring without the natural thoughts.

Who knows. But the game was fun. How 'bout Antoine Walker? (That was for you Mark.)

No comments:

Post a Comment