Thursday, January 22, 2004

I'm so tired of the mundane. Last night I studied for about four hours. I got through about 1/2 of one class's work. I need to read for several more hours this morning but I'm so tired of it from last night I have yet to muster the energy to start all over again.

I am so ready to graduate. It seems like May will never get here. And all though I can't wait until classes end, it will also be rather weird. I have been going to school for 20 years. I'm not sure what it will be like to not register for classes, or buy books, or check into scholarships.

It will be extremely difficult to leave the community that has formed over the last 3 1/2 years and has begun to grow and flourish over last semester. How do I make the most of these relationships before they potentially come to a close? How do I keep them from coming to closure, but maintain contact even in the midst of separation? I'm not sure the answer to any of these questions but they will continue to be a focus of my thoughts as the time draws ever closer.

When I leave I plan to head to Northeast Africa. But that again brings a whole new realm of thoughts roaming around my small brain. When do I leave? How long do I stay? Will they give me a position anyway? Currently it is all up in the air. I will send an email today or tomorrow to the people I hope to work with. Hopefully we will be willing to seek out the wisdom of God on the issue considering our wisdom is definitely not enough.