Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Rainy Days and Mondays...

It is a rainy day in Africa. It is still hard to believe I am here. I have been here a week now. Almost daily I have to remind myself I am here to stay. The rains are supposed to be over soon. A lady on the plane told me it might be another couple weeks. Several days have been bright and sunny but today it pours. I am glad I haven't had to be out as much today.


I have had a great opportunity to meet coworkers here. Today I am going to lunch with a lady and her son. It should be fun we are going to a place I haven't been before. My apartment is much bigger than I expected. It's nice.


In the next few days I will dive into language study full time. I watched a DVD about it last night and it predicted that in order for me to reach a conversational level it will take 1½ years studying about 30 hours a week. That sounds crazy. How in the world will I ever find that much time?


I'm not sleeping well. Not sure why yet. Still getting adjusted. Plus the bed is a bit uncomfortable and squeaks a lot!


I'm glad to be here!

No comments:

Post a Comment