Friday, March 11, 2005

Hotel Church...

This morning in the shower I was thinking about marrying a friend of mine. Now I'm not actually going to marry this friend, I was just thinking about it because another friend thinks we should end up together. Now this isn't really what the story is about it just leads to the important part.

This friend I was thinking about marrying has considered spending some time in San Francisco. Now this is one thing that might interest both of us. I started thinking about what it would like to see church start there. (I didn''t leave out an article.)

Tangent: Speaking of church Im watching this movie I like. It is called Keeping the Faith. It isn't the best movie ever but they do some great things in recreating church. It is pretty cool.

I wonder if it would be possible to see church done in a hotel. The reason I was thinking about it is I started by thinking about partnering overseas. My dream is to see 5 or 10 or 20 churches in the states partnered with the work that will still be happening in the country I live in now. I would love it if the churches in the states had a yearly conference together in the states to pray and create strategy to work together.

So as I was thinking about this conference I was thinking about how great it would be to have a place for people to come and stay. Then it went on from there. I thought how cool would it be if the church lived there together. Then I thought how cool would it be if it was a business that allowed people to stay there. It would help with money and it would allow people to see what is happening. It would also be a place we could offer to help those in need. People could come in and stay and pay for their room by providing work for the facility.

I'm sure there would be difficulties but it would really do some cool things towards looking like the church. The church would be community. They would spend time together daily. They would share things and meet together in homes. There would be assistance if the people are low income or students, etc. who make little.

So this is all kind of random, but I just thought I would share what was going on in my mind. Let me remind you, I'm not gonna marry the friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment